Today is the first day of the Metro Yarn Crawl, we hope you're just as excited as we are to see old friends and meet some new friends!
We're running an extra WoolWinders Yarn Shop-only contest in conjunction with the crawl (April 1-10, 2016): Find Hank!
You may be familiar with Hank, the sheep from our logo. Throughout the crawl, Hank will be wandering through the shop. If you find him, take a selfie with Hank, and post it on Facebook or Instagram (details below) with our specific tags to enter our special contest.
If you're not familiar with Hank, here he is. Cute, right?
Official Contest Rules and Conditions:
How to Play:
Follow WoolWinders Yarn Shop on Facebook or Instagram. Find Hank in the store. Take a selfie with Hank, and post it on Instagram with the hashtag #metroyarncrawl2016, and tag @woolwinders, OR post it on the Official WoolWinders Yarn Shop Facebook page with the tag #metroyarncrawl2016. All entries must include the following in order to be eligible:
- The contestant’s face
- The #metroyarncrawl2016 hashtag
- For Facebook, all entries must be posted on the official WoolWinders Yarn Shop Facebook Page
- For Instagram, all entries must mention @woolwinders
Here's Amy demonstrating a selfie with Hank! Surely you can be more creative than that!
1. Yarn and pattern for the Berroco Isi Shawl with a Spud & Chloe tape measure and a Spud & Chloe darning needle set all bundled up in a zip-up Spud & Chloe notions bag.
2. 1 skein of Spud & Chloe Stripey Fine Sock with a Spud & Chloe tape measure and a Spud & Chloe darning needle set all bundled up in a zip-up Spud & Chloe notions bag.
3. Yarn and pattern for Plymouth Yarn Company's Vivara lace Wrap with a Spud & Chloe tape measure and a Spud & Chloe darning needle set all bundled up in a zip-up Spud & Chloe notions bag.
4. Yarn and pattern for Stephen West's The Doodler, featuring Hedgehog Fibers Sock, with a Spud & Chloe tape measure and a Spud & Chloe darning needle set all bundled up in a zip-up Spud & Chloe notions bag.
Winners will be drawn randomly from all eligible entries, and prizes will be distributed based on WoolWinders Yarn Shop's decision.
Contest Period: The contest will be open for entries from Friday April 1, 2016 at 11am until Sunday April 10, 2016 at 5pm. Entries received before or after that time period will not be included or considered.
Eligibility: In order to be eligible, entrants must be 18 years of age or older (or have written parent/guardian permission). Contestants must have an Instagram or Facebook social media account through which to submit their entry, and through which they will be contacted if they win.
How to Enter: Follow WoolWinders Yarn Shop on Instagram or Facebook. Submit a picture including the entrant’s face, the sheep (as designated by WoolWinders Yarn Shop), the hashtag #metroyarncrawl2016, and either a tag of @woolwinders (Instagram) or post to the official WoolWinders Yarn Shop Facebook Page (tagging the shop is not sufficient on Facebook). Entries that do not contain these components/meet these criteria will not be considered valid.
You may enter the contest once per day, however, duplicate pictures will not count as additional entries.
Notification of Winners: At the end of the contest, we will make every effort to notify winners via the social media by which they entered the contest (Instagram or Facebook). Winners have one week in which to claim their prize, if they do not claim their prize within that week, a new winner will be selected.
Other Terms: No purchase is necessary in order to enter. Contestants agree that all images submitted to this contest may be used by WoolWinders Yarn Shop in promotional material without compensation. WoolWinders Yarn Shop agrees that all images remain the property of the contestant, and will not be sold to any outside party.