Brooklyn Tweed Shelter
- All Sales are Final
- Please no winding on clearance yarns
- Limited quantities available. Availability subject to actual inventory on hand
American Targhee-Columbia wool shines in Shelter, our versatile 2-ply worsted-weight yarn. Shelter is woolen spun, meaning the fibers remain in a lofty jumble that traps air and offers remarkable warmth and lightness. Once knit, Shelter achieves its full beauty after a wet blocking, as each stitch relaxes and bonds with its neighbors to produce a plush fabric with a halo. We think it’s ideal for knitting sweaters of every variety, winter accessories, and blankets. Like its fingering-weight sibling Loft, Shelter is fleeced-dyed and blended in 45 heathered colors.
Developed, sourced, processed, spun and dyed 100% in the USA.
- 140 yards (128 meters) | 23-24 microns | Approx. 50 grams | Worsted weight
- Wyoming-grown Targhee-Columbia wool
- Fleece Dyed at Littlewood in Philadelphia, PA.
- Woolen Spun at Harrisville Designs in Harrisville, NH.
The Targhee-Columbia breed combines the softness and elasticity of finewool Targhee with the robust substance and warmth of mediumwool Columbia. This versatile mingling of wearability and durability makes Targhee-Columbia suitable for next-to-skin wear, outerwear, or heirloom pieces for the home. The woolen construction of these yarns further enhance the fleece’s lofty and warmth-trapping characteristics.