- All Sales are Final
- Please no winding on clearance yarns
- Limited quantities available. Availability subject to actual inventory on hand
Loft is a 2-ply fingering weight yarn, woolen spun from Targhee-Columbia wool. The distinctive spinning process and light twist of the two plies gives Loft a unique bounce and airiness. Ideal for lightweight garments and accessories, ethereal lace patterns, and nuanced colorwork. Like its worsted weight sibling, Shelter, Loft is fleece-dyed and blended in 45 heathered colors.
Developed, sourced, processed, spun and dyed 100% in the USA.
- 275 yards (251 meters) | 23-24 microns | approx. 50 grams | fingering weight
- Wyoming-grown Targhee-Columbia wool
- Dyed in Philadelphia at Littlewood.
- Spun in New Hampshire at Harrisville Designs.
The Targhee-Columbia breed combines the softness and elasticity of finewool Targhee with the robust substance and warmth of mediumwool Columbia. This versatile mingling of wearability and durability makes Targhee-Columbia suitable for next-to-skin wear, outerwear, or heirloom pieces for the home. The woolen construction of these yarns further enhance the fleece’s lofty and warmth-trapping characteristics.